SIAM AG 2021 was organized August 16-20, 2021 virtually this year.
The purpose of the SIAM Activity Group on Algebraic Geometry is to bring together researchers who use algebraic geometry in industrial and applied mathematics. "Algebraic geometry" is interpreted broadly to include at least: algebraic geometry, commutative algebra, noncommutative algebra, symbolic and numeric computation, algebraic and geometric combinatorics, representation theory, and algebraic topology. These methods have already seen applications in: biology, coding theory, cryptography, combustion, computational geometry, computer graphics, quantum computing, control theory, geometric design, complexity theory, machine learning, nonlinear partial differential equations, optimization, robotics, and statistics.
POEMA team organized several mini-symposium on Positive Polynomials, Moments, and Applications at SIAM AG 2021 including Bernard Mourrain (Inria), Victor Magron (LAAS-CNRS), Markus Schweighofer (University of Konstanz) and Monique Laurent (CWI) who was also on the organizing committee of SIAM AG2021 - https://www.siam.org/conferences/cm/conference/ag21
- Thursday, 9:00-11:00, session MS80: https://meetings.siam.org/sess/dsp_programsess.cfm?sessioncode=71511
- Thursday, 2:40-4:40, session MS91: https://meetings.siam.org/sess/dsp_programsess.cfm?sessioncode=71512
- Friday, 9:00-11:00, session MS101: https://meetings.siam.org/sess/dsp_programsess.cfm?sessioncode=71513
- Friday, 2:40-4:40, session MS109: https://meetings.siam.org/sess/dsp_programsess.cfm?sessioncode=71530
Some POEMA ESRs gave talks at this virtual conference such as:
- Lorenzo Baldi (Inria)
- Luis Felipe Vargas (CWI)
- Felix Kirschner (University of Tilburg)
- Andries Steenkamp (CWI)