Phd Positions in POEMA
Detailed descriptions and application of the project can be found here.
Its goal is to train scientists at the interplay of algebra, geometry and computer science for polynomial optimization problems and to foster scientific and technological advances, stimulating interdisciplinary and intersectoriality knowledge exchange between algebraists, geometers, computer scientists and industrial actors facing real-life optimization problems (read more)
Project Coordinator: INRIA
Technical Coordinator: Bernard Mourrain (INRIA)
- POEMA is funded under the H2020-MSCA-ITN-2018 call and is part of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions — Innovative Training Networks (ITN) funding scheme.
- Grant agreement No: 813211
- Action full title: Polynomial Optimization, Efficiency through Moments and Algebra
- Granting authority: Research Executive Agency
- Duration: 48 Months (01/2019 — 12/2022)
New advances in the analysis and in the understanding of the algebra and geometry involved in polynomial optimization problems, which lead to significant progress in the development of new efficient algorithms and implementations for solving global optimization problems.
New, alternative methods for solving global optimization problems, exploiting the structure of the problems for efficiency and accuracy. An industrial breakthrough should be a new class of optimization software that can solve real life global optimisation problems.
Developing the scope of applications of this new paradigm by addressing challenging applications and optimization bottlenecks in physics, information processing, communication, economy, energy management, etc… opening new innovation perspectives across numerous domains.(Read more on our news)