Join us in Madrid, at MEGA 2019 (June 17-21), a conference on computational and application aspects of Algebraic Geometry
MEGA is the acronym for Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry (and its equivalent in Italian, French, Spanish, German, Russian, etc.). MEGA conferences have emerged from the leading research activity in Effective Algebraic Geometry developed in Europe over the last decades. They have established themselves as an important vehicle in the exploration of the broad interactions between Algebraic Geometry and Computational and Applied domains of Mathematics. The conferences have also increasingly been attracting young talented researchers, showing the strength and vitality of the community. The MEGA conferences aim at promoting the development of the subject through academic exchange between International researchers; at presenting the recent progresses of the domain through the presentation of selected talks; at updating the community knowledge through the invitation of talented researchers from Europe and outside; and at attracting and supporting young students and researchers to join the current research area.
- Bernard Mourrain, scientific coordinator of POEMA , will give an invited talk on "Back to the roots of solving polynomial equations".
- Giorgio Ottaviani, Univ. of Firenze, member of the Advisory Board of MEGA will be there.
- Cordian Riener, Univ. of Tromsoe, will give a contributed talk "Vandermonde varieties, mirror spaces, and the cohomology of symmetric semi-algebraic sets" (joint work with S. Basu).
The conference will be followed by the workshop MEGAR (June 21-22) with the following talks of members of POEMA network:
- "Quadrature Rules and their Geometry", Cordian Riener, Univ. of Tromso.
- "Measures from moments", Bernard Mourrain, Inria (coordinator).
- “On the exactness of Lasserre relaxations and pure states over real closed fields”, Markus Schweighofer, Univ. of Konstanz.